Do you love the library? Would you like to share that passion with others? We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to help staff our Welcome Desk. You will be the first stop for patrons looking for information about the library, collections, and events. Welcome Desk volunteers will need to:
- Love helping others
- Be the face of the library and make patrons feel welcome
- Have great public speaking and customer service skills
- Be familiar with computers and the library catalog
- Monitor the library’s security gates.
- This position will require two hour shifts on nights and weekends and some weekdays.
Do you love to organize? Is book browsing your thing? Shelving may be right for you! This position assists in shelving returned library materials as well as reading and shifting library collections. Volunteer shelvers will need to:
- Be able to discern letters and numbers as well as have some basic understanding of library organization.
- Have the ability to reach up high and to sit, climb or
- balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, & crawl to make sure items get into their correct places.
- Be able to lift, push, and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The position requires at least two hours of work a week. We are currently looking for volunteers to shelve Monday and Friday mornings as well as Wednesday afternoons
Special Project Volunteer will need to:
We’re seeking individuals that are interested in helping with a range of literacy programs in and around the community as well as with other ongoing seasonal projects. If you love to lead projects and are excited about library programming, this might be the spot for you! Special Project Volunteers will need to:
- Have a passion for community involvement and connections
- Have great customer service skills
- Have fun interacting with adults and children of all ages
- Have a passion for spreading literacy
- Must be reliable